Saturday 26 January 2013

RELATIONSHIP AND MONEY

Am gonna start with a story of a couple who use to live close to ma house in Nigeria.

They are married, Have 4 kids and the wife practically feeds the family with her 'tiny' shop, Pays the kids school fees, Buys there clothes, She cooks from things from her shop to feed the family.....Ok am sure u get the point.

One morning we heard screaming and shouting, We all came, Wondering what was going on.

The woman and her husband were fighting about sex..The husband said ohhhh my wife has refused to let me DO, every night na war, I have to beg and beg, for what, Didn't i pay her bride price.....HA we all said, One person asked, Madam why na, She looked at everybody and smiled.

Ask my husband when last he gave me money, Ask my husband when last he gave me money to cook, Ask my husband when last he paid the kids school fees, Ask my husband when last he gave me money to buy a dress or say take go and make your hair. And he stands here to ask for sex, Will sex put food on the table, Will sex pay school fees, Will sex clothe the kids. NO NO NO..... Only happy wives have sex, Only happy women have sex. Then she walked away.

I smiled and went into my house. I said to my mum i should feel pity for her but i don't. My mum asked why?? I said am 100% sure he didn't spend or give her money when they dated. Am 100% sure she thought it didn't mean or matter. Now your married, You expect some kinda miracle, But it doesn't work that way.

Loads of girls think asking for money from guys is a terrible thing, Guys think if ask for money, It makes us gold-diggers.You think if your partners doesn't get you gifts its ok...But its not OK.

You are in a relationship and you ask your partner for money to make your hair and he says don't you work, Didn't you just get paid....Then at night, you open your legs and allow him entry....

Because you work doesn't mean your boyfriend is free from paying your bills, Because i have a good job doesn't mean my boyfriend is free from buying me stuff.

Women please don't sell yourself short...That's my next topic

5 comments:

  1. I don't think people's boyfriends should pay their bills especially if they have a job. He is not your father. However, i agree that he should be generous and give you gifts etc etc. If wants to buy u a purse fine, or give you money to get your hair done, that's fine too. As long as you don't think it is his duty.

    When he is your husband, then it's a different story. A man who has no job and can't provide, is different from a stingy man or a man who has a job and knows his duty as a husband. He doesn't need to take full responsibility for you when you are dating to show that he will do it when you get married.

    Where i completely agree with you, is when someone marries a dead beat broke guy and expects things to change after marriage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Madam sting, if i live with my bf,cook for him,clean for him,play the host when his friends come over,clean after them n warm his bed at nite cos thats what being in a relationship entails, Then he shld be able to pay for the little tins i ask him to pay for.....That's why there's being single...(fend for yourself) and there's being in a relationship...(taking the stress off each other)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok. Living with ur bf is a different story, so I see ur point.

      Delete
  3. I agree with Madame Sting. A guy shouldn't pay your bills except he is your father. Dnt get me wrong @ Diva, it's good to give in a relationship, but when it becomes a do or die thing, then I dnt support. Let it be from the person's hrt, nt like he or she is paying for service(s) rendered.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i agree with trendysturvs and madam sting.
    http://trendyrammy.blogspot.ocm

    ReplyDelete

What are your thoughts on this?